Skipper 17 "Misty"
Trailer-sailer sailing boat, Mark 1, i.e. the single metal drop plate model.
She is currently kept in the boat park in East Sussex.
Her current owner is not able to sail her anymore, due to the age and health issues.
The good news:
1. She's fibreglass, and the hull is in good condition.
2. The road trailer has been completely rebuilt - new steelwork and wheels with sealed bearings - 9 years ago - and it should be fine for transportation.
3. She has a full suit of sails - a fairly new genoa, and an ex-Wayfarer main - luff taller than mast, but works perfectly with slight furling.
4. Cabin has cushions, and, theoretically, can sleep 4, although they'd have to be very good friends, and have no need for any sort of personal space!
5. She comes with a Bison 24V electric outboard - needs two 12V batteries connected in series. I have these, if required.
The less good news:
1. In Summer 2019, 'Misty' was on a mooring on the lake. For some still unknown reason, she came off the mooring, drifted down the lake onto the dam (Weir Wood is a reservoir), which didn't damage the hull in any way, but the pitching up and down snapped the retention cord on the centre plate, which finished up on the bottom of the lake, where it still resides. The owner was going to replace the pivoting centre plate with a larger daggerboard, which has been made since then.
2. Because she hasn't been used since 2019, the formerly pristine white topsides paintwork needs stripping and repainting.
To register your interest please fill in the form:
To repel timewasters, a deposit of £200 will be requested from just one selected prospective owner to secure the boat, refunded upon removal/take over within two weeks.
We offer the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. Any potential new owner should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the they desire validated.
We need your consent to load the translations
We use a third-party service to translate the website content that may collect data about your activity. Please review the details and accept the service to view the translations.